What is parenting?
Life is a rollercoaster with a lot of ups and downs. Most of the ups and downs in a normal human being’s life are because of parenting. It is that phase of an individual’s life that brings immense best outdoor toys for 1 year old joy and stress at the same time. No parent is the epitome of perfection because no one is impeccable; however, the skill of inculcating good behavior in their children is the ultimate perfection.
We know that the relationship between a parent and a child is unique. There can be no hard and fast rules for parenting. But one thing is sure that we must cherish a child’s childhood. This is the one common guideline that applies to all parents.
Is good parenting achievable?
It is very important to nurture the tender minds of a child for proper growth. According to a recent study, it has been found that parents go through a lot of stress and depression which often leads to mental as well as physical illness. Stress can also cause frustration and might lead to misunderstandings between you and your child. The insurmountable pressure of being a good parent and bringing up a decent child is the main factor of causing stress. The most common causes of depressions come from parents of teenagers. Teenage is a challenge when it comes to nurturing. However, it is not as hard as it seems. There are only a few set of rules that an ideal good parent needs to follow.
Ingredients of good parenting
Parents are the first role models of a child. They are its first teachers and best friends. There are certain rules that good parents follow while bringing up their children. It is really important to bring up your children in the right way so that they grow up to be sagacious individuals. These are some of the rules that they follow:-
- Discipline: To get your child disciplined, you need to get yourself disciplined first. If you want your child to sleep at 10 pm, you need to also get to bed at 10 pm. Children learn from what they see.
- No comparisons: It so happens that at times, your child may not get good grades or may not perform well in something. Instead of comparing it with other children, ask your child the reason for the low performance and focus on its problematic areas.
- Trust and love: When you start showing trust and love to your child, it will return them to you. When it comes to nurturing children, you don’t have to be very strict.
- Moral values: Teach your child basic moral values like kindness, politeness, listening attentively, being confident, respecting themselves and others, no gossiping, inculcating good habits and hobbies, the joy of giving, and accepting people for who they are.
- Talking: the best solution to every problem or misunderstanding is talking and trying to understand the paradigm of your child too. Now, talking does not mean that you have to be angry and frustrated, approach your child politely. As desperately as you want your child to understand you, it needs to be understood by you too. Seek first to understand, then to be understood!
You don’t have to take stress over being excellent relationship at parenting; you just have to give your best! Be the person you want your child to be!